View Single Post
giddykitty
Grand Poohbah

Member Since Jan 2018
3,229 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 28, 2018 at 08:36 PM

Count me in! I've lessened FB use quite a bit, but because I've been substituting it with These types of forums. I have another regular one, but i was looking for a bit more specific support. Still kinda looking around for that, but this is a fun distraction. I know, feeding to my addiction, but at least I'm here and checkin g up on helpful stuff at the same time. I like forums. FB is a real stress to keep up with!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizi View Post
I find that being on the computer feeds my hypomania.
Being bipolar, I need to better control my obsessions....
bizi
I know this is an old post, but do you mind explaining your hypomania? Computer time has affected me in ways too, but I'm still not sure, or my therapist isn't convinced I have hypomanic tendencies. Well, I mean, I am relatively careful with money, and will have to be more so if we will be out of work here, but when I'm on Amazon, I'm always just buying one more extra thing. It is useful or stuff I want though...but this internet addiction has excited me in the past because of its super good feelings (talking with people/good conversations) that have caused me trouble both with those people as well as neglecting my home and other responsibilties. Anyway, just curious if i share any traits to maybe discuss with my therapist. Thanks!
giddykitty is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
bizi

Thanks for this!
bizi