View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 30, 2018 at 11:04 AM

For a few years I've taken up an-appearing-to-others Quixotic idea of repealing an odious state law. Jokingly I'd say, I'm in till I die or it passes.

Heard the "Well, you are barking up a tree but the game won't come down" sort of comment when the focus was on the City Council and getting a resolution passed calling for a repeal.

In October 2015 the CC passed out a resolution for the repeal 8-1.

Next, onto the State Legislature. "Don't bother, with the Republicans holding the Majority in the Senate it won't get any attention."

The Republicans no longer "hold" the Senate.

A new, radical, Representative has dropped a bill to lift the ban.

The Leader in the Senate organized the original Tenants Union that "inspired" the ban.

There's a hearing this morning that I'll watch via video streaming. I've sent my thoughts and materials to my Rep's office and the leading activist group. Both houses are taking it up and there may be the first vote as early as Thursday.

It's enough that "you can't fight government" is an idea that's out there. It's just sad when it's your own circles who buy into it.

No worries, I sing out loud that Civil Rights song, can't let nobody turn me around!
Revu2

Consider always that "you can't fight City Hall may be a rumor started by City Hall." Audre Lorde
Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote