View Single Post
Anonymous57777

Default Jan 31, 2018 at 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nat.cassidy View Post
My boyfriend and I have been together over a year now. He is also 4 years younger than me, but he has always been very mature for his age and that's the reason I agree to be with him. We are also long distance living across the country from each other.

Our relationship has always been really great and he would go above and beyond for me. We have visited each other multiple times and met each other's friends and family. During our 6 month into the relationship, we got into a really big fight which led to me calling it quits because I was so frustrated with him. He ended going out with friends to a party and got blacked out drunk because he was really upset. We were fighting over text all night and decided that we would talk about it in the morning when I got some rest and he had sobered up. He told me the next day that he had kissed one of his friends and he apologized profusely about how stupid it was and he didn't mean to do it to hurt me. It took me a good 3-4 months to fully get over it. But I don't think I really had.

Lately, we have been hitting a lot of bumpy obstacles and I started making a list of things that need to be discussed if we wanted to move forward as a couple. He agreed that it was an excellent idea, but has not set aside time out of his schedule to do it. He is still in school studying engineering and also training in the military along with a part time job, so I understand he is really busy. But I feel like I barely even get time with him anymore and I really want to go over things with him because it's starting to eat me alive. I'm also super insecure when he goes out when we have an argument now because I'm terrified he would do something again even if he hasn't done anything since that kiss. I just don't know what to do. He tells me he loves me alot and wants to work towards a future together, but now I'm just frustrated because I don't feel like a priority. HELP!
IMO The kiss could have been a one time thing all you can do about this is trust your instincts about this.
I was in the Air Force for over 6 years--usually I worked 44-50 hours a week (M-F and occassionally on the weekend) plus quarterly exercises where I worked from 6 PM -6 AM for 2 or 3 days. I had a job where I didn't deploy. Some military jobs involve a lot of deployments where you travel to training exercises or real life missions lasting from 3 days to 8 weeks or long term deployments away from your spouse/family for an entire 1-2 years. Though it did not happen that often, I traveled for work and training occassionally. Everyone has some training they travel to during different parts of their career. Since he is going into the military, if you marry, there will be times when your relationship will continue to be long distance so trusting him will be important.
Good luck figuring this out. Hugs.

Last edited by Anonymous57777; Jan 31, 2018 at 12:46 PM..
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote