View Single Post
Mouse_
Magnate

Member Since Sep 2007
Default Jan 24, 2008 at 10:19 AM

I was awoken last night by music. The house next door to me has been converted into 2 flats. The people downstairs have lived there for a couple of yrs, and thought i've never spoken to them I feel "safe" regarding their presence now, when occassionally I've heard their music I dont worry now because I trust they eventually turn it down or off by 10.30 and actually I've fallen asleep while the "boom, boom" has been going. But last night I woke up to the tinny sound of a bad music system, to be honest I had to strain to try and work out what kind of music it was, my hubby stayed asleep but me??? oh dear, my stomach starting doing sumasults, I felt I wanted to get up an pace. Unyet it really wasn't taht loud, yes it was late, 2.30am, but I've heard worse. This neighbour is newish, I have seen him once. Today my thoughts are obsessively trying to rid myself of the fear that again tonight I will be awakened by the noise. I'm thinking what can I take to knock me out? its taking over my day and I don't know, I guess I feel like my life has been given over to someone else. I hate it because the rest of my family may just say, yeah I thought I heard something, and they continue on. Me??? I'm up the wall and down again. why the hell do I give my locus of control over???? is it because of the noise or the fact I'm not sure yet of the routine of this new guy? what is it I fear could happen? that I will never experience peace again? that this is it for the rest of my life having to be afraid of a neighbour? Is connected to being adopted and afraid of new people because their not familiar? OH lord so many ??? But I can so relate to the anxiety neighbours course.