View Single Post
Gus1234U
Seeker

Member Since Jun 2010
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 06, 2018 at 06:13 PM

because i can't do even simple math, i test 3 times a day. i have to provide additional charting of my diet and meds as well as all 3 BSL's to my doc every 6 months to get the 'exception to the rule'. i test on the outside of my thighs; my hands are so sensitive i could never prick my fingers 3x a day~! even my thighs are starting to scar, and i almost never hit a nerve anymore... O.O

as for the accuracy and washing and all that,,, hey who cares about 5-10 points ?? i worry if it's 100 too high~! then i usually suspect i had a snack and forgot to note it down, or i find one of my meds in the lid where i spill them to avoid contamination.

it's really the A1c test that is most accurate, as a 3 month average of ACTUAL blood sugar levels, it doesn't care when you ate that morning, or if you forgot a med..... i'm really very angry at my doc for taking that away from me. my last A1c was 6.1, the highest since i got control (about 6+ yrs), or since he got control of my meds.

anyhoo,, i hope i have gotten the root beer float craving out of my system~ i threw away the last piece of pizza, it wasn't even tasty, but out of budgetary compulsions, i ate most of it anyway. LOLOL i was thinking about eating compulsions and how much they are like addictions,, very hard to control and sneaky. i am fortunate to be able to eat small portions and have low-cal snacks. i had to learn to endure that lying stomach that says "I'm STARVING~!", as i weigh double what i should. it's not a big deal once i learned it was just lying to me (i HATE that~! and won't eat just to spite it~) lolol

does anyone want to start a recipe thread to go with this one ? i don't use recipes, but if i see one that looks good, i'll fake it,, (i'm good at that.)
hope you are having a good day~

Hugs from:
Anonymous87914, unaluna