Poohbah

Member Since Aug 2013
13 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 11, 2018 at 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
You feel like you crossed a line by actually self-harming and you are not sure that she will want to be with you on the other side of that line. I would guess that it is similar with suicide?: if you were to attempt, you would worry that she would not stay with you then either?
Correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill3 View Post
I wonder if she is aware of anything that you have done that feels shameful to you. I'm not asking what those things (if any) might be, I am just wondering if she is already aware of you doing something that feels shameful to you. If she is, how did she react when she learned of it/them? How has her knowledge affected you relationship with her (if at all)?
Well, I can't say I do things that make me feel ashamed, except for cutting that is. I feel ashamed a lot though but that's mostly because I think I suck; I think I'm a lousy person who can't do things the way I "should" be able to (due to autism). My psychologist, however, is convinced I'm a good and smart person and she says I have nothing to be ashamed of so none of that affects our relationship. I know that's probably not what you meant, but still, it's the only example I can think of.
neutrino is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote