View Single Post
chihirochild
Magnate

Member Since Feb 2017
4,865 hugs
given
Default Feb 12, 2018 at 06:30 PM

Ack.

Got a call at 7am saying that my pdoc had to cancel our appointment today. And because my life is awkward and some of *my* patients also see pdoc (I'm also a doctor, though not in psych, and b/c of my weird insurance sitch I have to see shrinx within the hospital system where I work) I got a notification that he's out unexpectedly for several weeks.

That's never good.

I'm curious about why b/c I am a nosy human... but even with that curiosity, I do NOT want to know why b/c if I know and it's something like he got super sick or someone died (which really are the only things that can suddenly take you out of work for a few *weeks*, right?) then I'll feel like I have to take care of him. And if I feel like I hafta take care of him, I can't get angry at him for being an imbecile sometimes, which he is.

Shouldn't be too hard to remain ignorant, though maybe I should tell some of my psych friends that he is my pdoc so they don't let it slip over lunch or something.

Gah.

(I dunno if it's okay to put a session-that-was-cancelled-today in this thread? If not, lmk.)
chihirochild is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Amyjay, Lemoncake, LonesomeTonight, NP_Complete, unaluna, WarmFuzzySocks