View Single Post
wickedwings
Poohbah

Member Since Apr 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 16, 2018 at 09:39 AM

I was misdiagnosed as a type 2 diabetic in 2010 at the age of 38. I was put on Metformin, but it had strange effects on me, including severe weight loss. It didn't even make a dent on my diabetes, so I was immediately put on insulin and then referred to an endocrinologist by my new PCP. Once by the fall of 2014, I got to see my endocrinologist and got tested, it was found that I was really a type 1, not a type 2. I had tested positive for the GAD antibodies that were attacking my pancreas. So thankfully, that automatically approved me to get an insulin pump. I got my insulin pump, which I seriously love it because it makes my diabetes management so much easier. Before my pump, I was seriously running out of places to inject due to my fibromyalgia and the fact that I was too thin. Now, I have my weight back. My A1C is about 6.8, which is pretty good. i have other medical issues that I deal with that makes my life utter crap, but I try hard not to let all that get in the way, but it's really hard because there are days when I can't even get out of bed. I'm trying so hard just to live at the fullest, period. I can't really do all that much. My chronic fatigue syndrome is always smacking me upside in the head, pretty much, and that drives me completely nuts. But I keep plugging on as much as I can. And I jump into my little adventures to jumpstart myself. LOL.
wickedwings is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous445852, Anonymous87914, possum220, unaluna

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U