View Single Post
goggles

Member Since Oct 2003
Default Jan 11, 2005 at 10:25 AM

Hey there Kayleigh, It's nice to meet you.

I just wrote out a really long post and somehow managed to lose it when I was trying to preview it.

So I'll try again, sigh.

I was just trying to say that I understand completely and I am in the same situation. I feel very down on myself and my ability to have a relationship at the moment.

It's not that I think I am completely useless it's just that I feel my behaviour at the moment and my ability to be in a relationship at the moment is quite poor.

Judging by my standards I am sure he agrees and I feel extremely insecure in the reationship. I can't bear him reading certain newspapers because I am sure he is looking at the scantily clad women and thinking 'well she has a lot more going for her than my girlfriend does'.

This might be insane but it drives me crazy. We had a big row about this a few days ago and now he's scared to read the paper.

Anyway I spoke to him on the phone last night and I suggested that we don't talk on the phone every night and that we don't spend as much time together.

This is going to be really difficult for us both as we are very close and spend a lot of time together but I think that spending time together arguing and myself spending time worrying about my relationship isn't going to help it.

I think the only way for me to have a healthy relationship is to feel better about myself. I feel very pressured to achieve this at the moment to save my relationship and I know that it's going to take a while.

Sometimes I think that my relationship makes it more difficult to feel better about myself because I feel constantly reminded of how I'm behaving wrongly or unheathily and I feel I have to be better NOW and sort my whole life out NOW for the sake of my relationship.

I'm finding it very hard too. Anyway I hope it helps to hear someone else feels pretty useless as a girlfriend too and I hope that you feel slightly more positive about things soon, yours goggles
goggles is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote