View Single Post
LiteraryLark
Crowned "The Good Witch"

Member Since Jun 2009
1,318 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 20, 2018 at 08:58 PM

I've had a very rough emotional week and I feel really crummy, and with the many "cheat moments" I've had this week and the poor choice I made to not buy enough food for the week to make room for unhealthy snacks (after the fact I spent my whole budget and ate the snacks) makes me feel even worse.

I could really use a cheerleader and a good pep talk.

I sat down and wrote in ink a list of all the good things going on in my weight loss regime, and I also wrote myself my own pep talk. This is what I wrote:

Dear LL,

I am on Week 5 of my diet and feeling very discouraged about my diet. I am worried that because I did not lose anything because of many little cheat moments last week that I'll never lose the weight, but look at the dramatic results the first 13.2 pounds gave! My stomach has shrunk and no longer stretches out underneath my t-shirt--in fact, my shirts are baggy! And look at those purple pants and yellow/pink striped pajamas--they are loose and fit over my butt without any "crack exposure" LOL! Those 13 pounds were from sheer willpower--a conscious decision to nurture my body with healthy and nutritious foods. All the research I've done has only scratched the surface of exploring new ways to give my body what it needs to heal itself. I know that I may always struggle with weight and the need or desire for emotional overeating. It is one way in which I cope, but to continue on in my quest to not only lose weight but to live a healthy lifestyle will be rewarded in so many ways. Let God help you trust in yourself. I never give up and though some days or even weeks will be tough...

You. Got. This!

<3 LL
LiteraryLark is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Anonymous57777