View Single Post
seesaw
Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,276 hugs
given
Default Feb 21, 2018 at 10:42 PM

Two things: that there are any meds that treat PTSD. There are not. There are meds that have been found to help various symptoms, but nothing that just magically treats the whole disorder. Many of us are on no meds at all in relationship to our PTSD. I am not.

The second, this thing where everyone everywhere is using the word "triggered" to mean anytime they have an emotion about anything. A trigger is something jolts you into an episode, it's not just something that upsets you or irritates you. Everyone gets triggered by every little thing...it really bothers me the overuse of the term. When I say I'm triggered, I mean I'm having a real episode, a flashback, an uncontrollable rage episode due to PTSD, a panic attack, or some other PTSD response that is a disordered response. You are not triggered because the barista got your latte order wrong and you're upset. You're just upset. You're not triggered because someone on Facebook disagreed with you, that's just being mad. Having a normal emotional response is not being triggered. UG.

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
KYWoman, Open Eyes