Elder

Member Since Oct 2008
25 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Feb 22, 2018 at 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mully View Post

In moving from mc/ex-t you’ve learned and grown a great deal- or at least it seems so from your posts. But one thing I’ve seen come up as a theme is that you seem to want specific responses from people. If they don’t answer with the wording you like, you understandably get upset (as I would too) but then you will email/text/ask for a session until you get what you want. I don’t mean that in a harsh or uncaring way at all. It seems like language is really important for you and you are asking to get your needs met, which is great, but at the same time- life and people aren’t like that. I don’t think your T was trying to be uncaring or insensitive by his email. In his own way, in a style that he feels comfortable with, he was trying to reassure you. So for him, he really didn’t understand why you were so upset. Not because he lacks thoughtfulness or awareness, but because he acknowledged your concerns. It just wasn’t the exact answer you wanted. Maybe it’s something to think about?

Again, wishing you the best and not meaning to criticize at all.
I agree with this as well, LT. Maybe what felt intrusive was the "please" text just 30 minutes later? I am guessing he responds to texts when he sees them. I am pretty sure my T turns her phone off at certain points of the night/weekends, and only checks once or twice a day. So if I text, I just anxiously await a response, but I do know one will come.
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
I worry you're setting yourself up for failure by getting into attachment work with this therapist
I am too, a little bit.
velcro003 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
LonesomeTonight, SalingerEsme