View Single Post
cureav

Member Since Mar 2013
7 hugs
given
Default Feb 25, 2018 at 05:19 PM

I was at similar age when I stole money from my parents.

Please don't make it personal (if I am) but this type of post angry me;
The reason I stole money from my parents is that in my close neighborhood lived one (about 5 years) older boy who showed me at his house how he steal money from his mother. He knew tactics just how much he would steal so that the remaining sum of money would strangely confuse his mother of how much she thought she had.
I've learned that and I did it. I bought child-like things, Coca-Cola, guns for children ect.. also I'd steal money of another currency, and then change it at street dealers. The workers in stores and those dealers would ask themselves where did I get that money, but no one stole it from me even I was very young.
Now, after a while, my father discovered that and asked me and my sister who is doing that.. of course I got what I've deserved.

10-15 years later I came back to this subject and researched it in internet - why kids steal money from their parents?
The answer was (for me also) that finally it was one big thing with which I had a sense of control over my own parents, which would compensate all the fields (most important - personal space) where they had control over me.

My father was a control freak; he would pause his breathing in order to listen everything we do in a house; he would pretend that he sleeps just to monitor what would we do knowing that he is sleeping; he would never knock on our doors; he had no clue of privacy... His father was an alcoholic, so he survived being hyper-vigilant.

I would say that you need to install or let your daughter have a private time where she could learn responsibility for her own actions without you knowing about all. Responsibility must be slowly placed in their hands and with it the fear of unknown, that in many cases you can't and won't be there for her even you want it.

(maybe I'm wrong, but... just an opinion... may be too personal)

cureav is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote