View Single Post
Anonymous32451

Default Mar 08, 2018 at 06:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsNextNow View Post
A few days ago I once again thought about keeping a journal. In the past I would jot things down now and again, but it was never consistent.

Now I know why, and know it deeply - I would absolutely hate having anyone read my words. The idea of people pouring over my thoughts, including pain and fear, after I am gone, terrifies me.

Can anyone relate ? I know I can write and then destroy, so I might do more of that.

I never kept a paper journal

my journal was always online ( I used livejournal) and posted to it on and off since 2010

I guess part of me was wwweary of sharing my creative side for example (because people could look it up and find my journal and read it), and that did actually happen to me at one stage because I did a stupid thing

but also because it was online, and I was under my own username, it was very unlikely (unless I shared something from it), they'd find me

it's not like my family could just walk in to my room, find the journal and read it- I took comfort in that

I'd always make sure my journal window was closed if anyone came in, then reopen it when they left
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
WhatsNextNow