View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 08, 2018 at 10:43 AM

I keep journals. one for work, one for personal and one for each of my children. I am teaching my children about journaling. one is way to young so i keep a baby book style one for that child. the other three one colors a page every night, the other two know how to read and write at their age levels so they write and draw in their paper journals. my wife has her various journals too.

I use both paper and computerized versions. an interesting thing happened recently. I thought I had transferred my computers journals over to my wifes computer and then deleted them and deleted histories, cookies, cache ... you name it before I took my computer in for some repairs. Well while explaining to the repair person what was going on with my computer he was accessing different things trying to find the problem and lo and behold there was my journal still on the hard drive.

apparently there is some files on a computer that actually save everything a person does on their computers, nothing short of a massive magnatized something or other is going to get rid of it. my repair person called it a black box. thats not the official name for it but he said its like an air planes black box stores everything and nothing is delete able, and its how police are able to discover the criminal activities. you know how on the news you hear about the police have found this or that on someones computer, there was evidence that they tried to delete it but it was found anyway. thats how. he removed the hard drive put in a new one, installed all my software from one hard drive to the other and I now have this hard drive in a safe place where no one can access my various work and personal journals. I havent decided what to do with this hard drive yet. might take it to a recycling center or back to the computer shop that have the specialized equipment that can wipe the hard drive clean, then I have a spare hard drive if needed. or I might just donate it some where after its been cleaned of my journals.

from now on its paper journals for this family lol
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
mote.of.soul