View Single Post
Anonymous59893

Default Mar 09, 2018 at 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sometimes psychotic View Post
I used to be intj before the psychosis....very clearly....however since the psychosis it seems to jump around a bit, I’m not sure if this is because of the validity of the online tests or if I’ve changed that much?
Idk...could be either, or a bit of both?? Supposedly, as we age, we tend to improve our lesser used functions, if we are developing psychologically healthily, so they could change if you were only mildly one letter to begin with?? But also, I think psychosis can change people too, as well as other things.

Quote:
I got Isfj this time.....I’ll always be introverted for sure it the middle two and even the third jump around now. This is what I got...defender....Very dedicated and warm protectors, always ready to defend their loved ones. I honestly think that thinking was ruining me before so I needed a new approach to keep me outside of my head despite the introversion. Same thing with intuition...I was too much in my head, sensing keeps me grounded.
I'd suggest reading about the cognitive functions because, even typing as a N, you would still use a S function. Eg INFJ has Se (extraverted sensing) as it's inferior function. I don't understand it myself 100%, but I found that strengthening my Se through mindfulness and crafting (unwittingly, I didn't know years ago when I stumbled across these tecniques that this could be considered that) definitely helps ground me, yet I'm still very much N.

Quote:
I know I didn’t exactly answer the question in terms of Myers Briggs but honestly I think having an optimistic approach and facing the illness directly helped me immensely more than any other personality trait. I could have never done it without the meds but optimism was the winner. I wonder if the big five personality traits might play more into this?
I've only mentioned MBTI here because that's what I've been reading about in more detail lately. I definitely think that OCEAN would play a role too. I remember, when I was learning about personality for my psychology MSc, wondering the link between psychoticism (one of ??Eysenck's Big 3) and psychosis, but IIRC it was more linked to things like schizotypal, which didn't fit with my experiences pre-11 years ago when everything changed for me. I can't really talk about this in much detail with you though because I don't remember much as it's been a few years now.

But I'm definitely interested in hearing more about other personality traits outside of MBTI if you, or anyone else, wants to discuss it.

*Willow*
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote