Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart Mar 11, 2018 at 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Virginiaham View Post
Thank you guys for the replies.

I take Adderall (25 mg) every day but in some ways I think it may be making me worse. It increased my anxiety, for example, and I debate myself all the time about whether or not to quit it.

And I have not had ECT, although it was recommended to me in the hospital. My friend, and also an ex bf, both had it done and both said that it was not helpful to their depression - other than helping curb psychosis (which is a problem that I thankfully do not have). They both said the memory loss and physical toll was not worth the experience and they would not have done it again. So while I appreciate this suggestion, I don't think it's right for me.

If the new psychiatrist is a total bust (which I'm expecting that it will be) I think I may go off my meds entirely and go from there because I'm not sure that I believe in 'getting help' anymore.
I am sorry Adderall does not agree with you.
I am taking much more Adderall.

Have you tried other stimulants?
Some people swear by Ritalin, Vyvanse and others. Some swear by a different type of "stimulating" meds, called Provigil and Nuvigil.

I am very reticent about ECT as well.

WC