View Single Post
Onward2wards
Magnate

Member Since Jun 2010
2,137 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 11, 2018 at 09:19 PM

Maybe it's my imagination, but I really don't think so.

I've been thinking long and hard for a while now - if you could redo your life, what could you have done differently? And suddenly, it hits me that I've been missing something I can't quite put my finger on, it's been there for years, and I don't think meds even touch it.

It's like ... a lack of positive imagination? As if really positive, imaginative solutions to problems that ought to occur to me, just don't happen. My mind just doesn't work that way. Like I see the world as not containing possibilities, and I see myself as some clueless idiot who should just shut up or something. Serious lack of confidence and self-worth maybe? Those along with social anxiety were problems I was developing just before my first ever depressive episode, I'm sure of it now. I remember journaling about this stuff, years ago.

Whatever bipolar people experiencing hypomania have too much of, I wonder if I lack it completely sometimes. All I know is, I've never tried any med that changes this. I know this because my behaviors don't change - I'm still overly cautious, take no risks, hesitant, forever apologetic, too quiet. Other people have been calling me out on this for years, and now I'm seeing why! However, by examining my behaviors and thoughts carefully, that more expansive, daring and optimistic thinking ought to be there. There was a time I wasn't this bad, I'm certain of it. The scary thing is, I think it's slowly getting worse no matter what I do. I am all out of ideas. I think I'm just so stuck in a negative feedback loop I'm wondering if I should just give up hope. Then I think no, that's your fears talking.

Does anyone else ever notice this kind of thing? I am so emotionally dead over this.

Last edited by Onward2wards; Mar 11, 2018 at 09:32 PM..
Onward2wards is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Fuzzybear, Wild Coyote