View Single Post
randomuser101

Member Since Jan 2016
3 hugs
given
Default Mar 13, 2018 at 01:47 AM

Thanks everyone for your responses. I sincerely appreciate that you all have taken the time to read my post and give me your thoughts. Here's my reaction:

So I didn't go back to the store. I'll be honest though that I remain confused by the different opinions I've gotten here. I understand how uncomfortable it must be for women to receive unwanted advances while they're working. I hate the idea of making someone feel uncomfortable, which is why I haven't returned to the store. And yet, I'm not sure if I agree that it's completely inappropriate to express romantic interest in an employee at work. Or idk maybe it is, but it's just frustrating, because it's so hard to meet people and this feels like yet another possible avenue being shut down. I certainly understand the complications in dating coworkers (and especially the ethical issues in dating subordinates), which is why I have avoided any of that. But if we add all on-the-clock employees to the list of the undateable, what's left? Well yes, there are dating apps, but I have not had luck with those so far. There are bars, which make me extremely anxious and uncomfortable. Sometimes I will see a woman at a coffee shop or something that I find attractive, but I never approach them, because I know that they didn't come there to be bothered. I honestly don't understand how people meet each other and form relationships. What with my social anxiety and the limited number of appropriate situations to approach women, it's hard to feel very hopeful that my luck will change.

Hugs from:
hvert, LadyShadow

Thanks for this!
bunnyhabit, LadyShadow, mote.of.soul