View Single Post
youOme
Grand Member

Member Since Oct 2007
PC PoohBah!
Default Jan 30, 2008 at 11:18 AM

Ah, I can sooooo relate here.

Every vehicle I've had is a piece of junk, but I loved them and cherished them and fixed them up (womanly soundin there). At first my husband was "well wait till I get a day off and I'll take it up to the mechanics so the don't give you the run around". Well, he's a procrastinator and when my car needs a fix, I mean it needs a fix. So I ignore him and tell myself I will not let these men ******** me, over charge me, or scam me in anyway...I can do this. So I put my mean face on and research the problems with the car before going into the shop, so when I explain the problem I at least sound as though I know what I'm talking about. Usually the outcome is good when you go in there saying "I need a water pump and my radiator flushed while your at it"... women aren't expected to know diddly about there own vehicles, but I try to know as much as I can.

So far I've never been scammed or ripped off, but I have been over charged, (in a way it's being ripped off) when I went to a certain mechanic shop in town. I was charged $50 for the mechanic to put a bungee cord around my battery and mount it (ghetto way). He claimed that would stop my stalling problems but it never did, it was actually a sensor.

Just be careful and like I said put your mean face on, try to understand the problem, research and be acknowledged of your problem and you should be okay.
youOme is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote