View Single Post
Sassandclass
Veteran Member

Member Since Apr 2017
Default Mar 14, 2018 at 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tevelygo View Post
WARNING: re-reading I realize this post is full of negativity (of pain) so please only read on if you are prepared for that.

I don't know my enneagram type for sure, but I'm not a 2. 2s are very good with people, I am not... they seem to have endless resources for giving-expressing affection, I'm very bad at that... I'm bad at the emotional "manipulation" too. I'm only good at giving practical help/practical services. But the one thing I relate to in 2, I was trying to give that practical help so much that I think I f--cked up the relationship with who I would have liked to see as my best friend. That was last year, about 10 months ago. Actually I finally wrote her an email today with the same mindset I always have about this and I'm waiting for my death sentence now. I expect a bad response and then I will try to find a way to evaluate everything as ready for suicide.

"Because Twos are very attuned to and aware of the social relationships of the people around them, they may needlessly worry about the people in their significant relationships."

No, actually, I always thought if I had the Two's people skills, I'd be better off... I'd also could really do with having a Two friend in my life But I don't have any such friends.

"Twos may pay attention to people and then disengage quite quickly once they lose interest in them."

Oh no, this is what kills me. !!!!

I actually want someone to have that approach towards me. I'd like someone to hyper-focus on me and help me and give me affection like that.

I'd be TOTALLY fine with some needy friend. I'd not mind it, I'd just see it as them actually caring while needing their own needs being attended to. And I'd be glad to attend to that if I know what to do exactly for that - I need to be told directly.

Thanks for the post. I tried all this self-work before, it didn't lead anywhere.

Now I’m even more interested in what your enneagram type is [emoji2] you seem like you would pair well in friendship with a 2. Have you ever taken the test?

And thank you btw in seeing my struggles as strengths [emoji18] that means a lot to me! Thank you!!!
Sassandclass is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady

Thanks for this!
tevelygo