View Single Post
tevelygo

Member Since Feb 2018
26 hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2018 at 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quarter life View Post
We are the sum total of what has happened to us in our life, and how we have dealt with what has happened to us. Sometimes events teach us, often events veer us off course and irrevocably change who we were meant to become. Life has a funny way of messing up our best laid plans and dreams.

Learning to compromise has been one of my great life lessons...where I am now in my life resembles nothing of my dreams from when I was young, the dreams of where I thought I would end up. Life is messy and mean and can devastate us at the least expected turn, but we must not allow these events to cripple our future. Letting go of all those things that we can't change, and finding a new purpose is key. With will and tenacity we can all shape a hopeful future...even if it isn't the future we dreamed of.

Please be kind and generous to yourself tevelygo. The inevitability of death makes 'life' so very important.
But how do you compromise in my situation? It's too extreme. For compromise I need to learn to kill all human need in myself for connection with others, yes?
tevelygo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady