tevelygo

Member Since Feb 2018
26 hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2018 at 08:25 AM

Also! I'm re-reading this article too:

https://psychcentral.com/blog/how-to...nful-emotions/

It says:

"Van Dijk shared this example of wallowing: “Wow, I got so angry with Joe today; it was awful. And I can’t believe he said that in the first place, the jerk. I hate feeling this way, and I hate that it’s stuck with me and ruined my day. This was the last thing I needed.”In contrast, she shared this example of acknowledging her feelings while refocusing on the task at hand: “OK, here come the thoughts about what happened with Joe earlier today. That anger is coming back again; I feel it like a knot in my stomach. Here’s the hurt about what he said, and I’m noticing judgments about Joe. But I’m just driving home right now, and that’s what I’m going to bring my attention to. I dealt with the situation, there’s nothing else to be done, and I’m just driving home right now.”"

But I can't do this. I can try to do this with my rational side but the dysregulated emotional side just overpowers it. Such a mental boundary cannot be kept because the dysregulated emotional side is too strong and passes over it anyway. I think this is a big part of my problem. Suggestions for this??? Thank you
tevelygo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
avlady