Member Since Apr 2014
1,263 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2018 at 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revu2 View Post
Oh, the hoops to jump to get the loot.

Possibly a new client for a big governmental agency. "Foot in the door" chance, maybe.

First asked to provide a 2 page treatment for a couple of half-day retreats.

This is worked over in meetings, sent revised.

This was worked over, sent revised.

Last revision the details for scope of work is over the top (at least two prep meetings in-person or by teleconference). Some parts entirely rewritten or dropped or incomplete.

So after two weeks of their delay getting this latest mess back, I am turning around my re-edits in 60 hours.

After careful reading there's something that I've been reframing and discussing from the beginning — "a report." Last meeting I thought we had agreed that one wasn't needed.

Well, it's back in.

What I'm gong to do is note that it's back in my cover email and that I'm adding it to the budget for a max of 10 pages and total work of 30 hours at $100 an hour, includes two rewrite if then can be coordinated within three weeks of our finishing up. Otherwise the latest revision will serve as the final "deliverable" and I will invoice for my services.

Awoke annoyed by something, and this was it! I'll send this off.

I'm ready to do my work, but not theirs.

R
Yeah, foot in the door clients are important, but get everything they want in that budget and include the price for the headache of dealing with them!

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote