Human

Member Since Apr 2014
1,275 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 15, 2018 at 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artchic528 View Post
I see you're making the same excuses over and over again here: "my situation is too extreme", "I'm unfixable", etc. There is also a huge amount of negative and self defeating behavior going on as well. I highly suggest looking into CBT or Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for this. Its a form of therapy that works by helping you recognize the negative, self defeating thoughts and inatead, thinking of positive and constructive ways to help you through difficult situations. You'd be suprised how well this works.
I agree with a lot of what Artchic says here. I was refraining from commenting because I didn't want you to see this as an attack, but I do see a lot of dismissing of possible solutions. It feels like, to me, that you may approach each possible treatment like it will fail anyways. That's the impression I'm getting. It could be wrong.

So the question is, can you approach treatments more optimistically and really try to make it work, versus assuming it won't? (Again this is just the impression I get, could be wrong.)

CBT, I think, would be a good start for you. It seem like you have a lot of ANTs - automatic negative thoughts. Thoughts that pervade your mind without you even realizing it that sabotage your ability to progress.

I know you want to see change right away, but progress on this is slow. Think of your whole life and how many years it took you to get this way...it could be the same number of years to change it all. I know that sounds bleak, but the point is progress. There is no end-game. The only end game for all of us is death, so all we can really do is continue to improve.

If this doesn't resonate with you or isn't accurate, please just disregard, it's just what I've been interpreting from your thread.

Good luck,
Seesaw

What if I fall? Oh, my dear, but what if you fly?

Primary Dx: C-PTSD and Severe Chronic Treatment Resistant Major Depressive Disorder
Secondary Dx: Generalized Anxiety Disorder with mild Agoraphobia.

Meds I've tried: Prozac, Zoloft, Celexa, Effexor, Remeron, Elavil, Wellbutrin, Risperidone, Abilify, Prazosin, Paxil, Trazadone, Tramadol, Topomax, Xanax, Propranolol, Valium, Visteril, Vraylar, Selinor, Clonopin, Ambien

Treatments I've done: CBT, DBT, Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation (TMS), Talk therapy, psychotherapy, exercise, diet, sleeping more, sleeping less...
seesaw is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
Artchic528, Sassandclass, tevelygo