View Single Post
tevelygo

Member Since Feb 2018
26 hugs
given
Default Mar 15, 2018 at 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
I agree with a lot of what Artchic says here. I was refraining from commenting because I didn't want you to see this as an attack, but I do see a lot of dismissing of possible solutions. It feels like, to me, that you may approach each possible treatment like it will fail anyways. That's the impression I'm getting. It could be wrong.
Thanks for the input but yeah this impression is wrong.

I AM in a negative state now, yes, it does not mean that I approached every treatment in a pessimistic way. No. I approached all of it positively. My resources are just exhausted so yes I am far more negative now than ever before, but please don't assume that I was the same in the past. I was not. I hope this clarifies.

Quote:
So the question is, can you approach treatments more optimistically and really try to make it work, versus assuming it won't? (Again this is just the impression I get, could be wrong.)
I really tried to make all of them work. Like I said in an earlier post here, the last therapy I've tried / been trying is called interpersonal theory. The problem is apparently that it's based on certain existing people-related/emotional skills. That might be why it's been pure torture and not getting me anywhere.

Quote:
CBT, I think, would be a good start for you. It seem like you have a lot of ANTs - automatic negative thoughts. Thoughts that pervade your mind without you even realizing it that sabotage your ability to progress.
Like I said, I've done CBT before.

The problem is, CBT can only change how you think. Sometimes it's the situation that also needs changed. And in this case this part depends on other people, not me.

I read that one important thing in depression is to get social support. That is what I am failing to get in real life... instead I met with really cruel reactions when I trusted some of my friends and asked for help before. (They are no longer my friends.)

Because of that, I didn't dare to ask the person who I'd like to call my best friend. I asked her today. If she behaves in the same way I am done.

Quote:
I know you want to see change right away, but progress on this is slow. Think of your whole life and how many years it took you to get this way...it could be the same number of years to change it all. I know that sounds bleak, but the point is progress. There is no end-game. The only end game for all of us is death, so all we can really do is continue to improve.
Okay, but my problem is that my resources are exhausted. I simply do not know how to go on. It's what it is.

So now I'm just blindly trying to do whatever things, it might make all of it worse, sure, I don't know.

I have been able to get out of the true suicidal mindset recently but I don't know if next time I will be able to.

Quote:
If this doesn't resonate with you or isn't accurate, please just disregard, it's just what I've been interpreting from your thread.

Good luck,
Seesaw
Don't worry.
tevelygo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote