View Single Post
Anonymous59893

Default Mar 15, 2018 at 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkDNA View Post
Every time I take the test I get INTJ. I have never been questioned about the validity of my symptoms and it's never been insinuated that I am malingering. I do feel some people make up symptoms and /or exaggerate them and it baffles me. I am naturally a shy person and not expressive and struggle with empathy
That's interesting to me. I had a theory that less common personality types had something to do with misdiagnosis because if we don't behave in the stereotypical way for each diagnosis it confuses MH staff. INTJ women are less common, as is INFJ in general, and so I wondered if that was why Didgee (also autism in women often presents differently to the 'classic' picture in men), Justme and myself were all misdiagnosed with BPD. I thought maybe Sometimes was the exception because her psychosis was sudden and she was much older, so less likely to be considered a personality issue. But that you have never been suspected of malingering, which is obviously a good thing, gives me something to ponder on. Do you have any thoughts on this? Or maybe you were just lucky and got professionals who could think outside the box, so to speak?

Obviously people can and do exaggerate/fake symptoms. I don't understand the appeal myself because I try to hide everything as I'm such a private person, but I can cognitively understand why they might do that, even if I can't relate to that desire.

*Willow*
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote