View Single Post
tevelygo

Member Since Feb 2018
26 hugs
given
Default Mar 17, 2018 at 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by seesaw View Post
The forward of the book is really over the top. The actual chapters are more practical. I was skeptical reading the forward too. Lol. Yes, the language is promotional and it's a self help book, but if you can get past the self help tone, it's actually good stuff.
Yeah lol, it's overdone. I did read a few bits of the book since then, I find it's not what I need, but the positive attitude was nice I guess, and there were a few interesting bits about emotion processing though it did not really answer my biggest questions in that area. But the book was not written for alexithymics so I'm not expecting it to solve all my issues lol. What I did also like was the notion of focusing on your vision more often. I do this by default already, but I kind of got a bit of extra perspective on this... sorry hard to explain. I had to add my own understanding to that bit afterwards. But really what helped in this crisis was talking with my friend (that last friend). And, as a result, resolving a fundamental misunderstanding of mine on how she relates to me. I do not think any self-help book can replace real friends, really.
tevelygo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote