graystreet
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2017
95 hugs
given
Default Mar 18, 2018 at 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cln1812 View Post
I wonder too. Is she a work colleague or were you her patient? If it is a doctor-patient relationship, she should have never accepted your friend request on FB to start with. So it should be goodbye and good riddance. Also, if she is your doctor, it is a good idea to find a new one, IMO.

If it’s a work relationship, you have to keep in mind not everyone has a small FB circle of friends. There are people out there with hundreds of friends, most of whom I doubt they know, but many people do that on FB. So what might seem like an intimate friend request to one person may seem like no big deal to another.
Eh, I’m not totally convinced she was in the wrong. She accepted the request to tell him it was inappropriate, I’m assuming because of how FB messaging works where messages from people you don’t know get filed away and you may not see them. Though, that was a little dumb of her; just don’t accept the request. But some people, especially older, just don’t know socially acceptable FB protocol. Still.

I worked with people in the rehab hospital (this was physical rehab like spinal cord injuries, etc) who accepted patient friend requests all the time. I was like, guys, that is sooooo inappropriate and unethical! They just thought I was a huge, cold, unfeeling jerk. I came from a background in the ER where you SO wouldn’t do that and they’re like “This is not the same place.” I guess I see the difference, but in my opinion, it’s just a delineation which should be maintained.

Anyway, I don’t know if she was the OP’s doctor, I’m just rumbling.
graystreet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote