graystreet
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2017
95 hugs
given
Default Mar 18, 2018 at 10:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kreg View Post
well xrap i hope this don't get out. She works at the hospital.not a relative. My wife was the patient. The hosp. worker not a doctor said it was inappropriate to be friends with a patient or any of their family. But I got mixed signals from her-not unfriending me from the git go for one. And I guess after all is said it don't matter.
With all of the concern regarding this woman and her social media habits surrounding you, I'm very surprised to hear that you're married.

Yes, it is incredibly inappropriate for healthcare workers to "friend" patients. But, conversely, it is just as inappropriate for patients to "friend" healthcare workers. Who knows why she didn't unfriend you? But I doubt very much she was sending signals. If she were treating your wife, there are some pretty strict ethical boundaries in place for which she can be called onto the carpet, so to speak. At some healthcare facilities, we can lose our jobs for engaging with patients and their family members on social media.

OP, your story keeps changing. I still feel like there is something missing. To me, no offense, it's kind of disconcerting. Especially given that you have a wife who, it seems, was recently in the hospital.
graystreet is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote