View Single Post
Talthybius
Veteran Member

Member Since Mar 2016
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by divine1966 View Post
How is that “the fact”? If it’s fact you’d have evidence of it. I don’t even know how OP looks and no one does so how could that be a fact? Fact is that the earth is round. What you are saying is “opinion”.

It may not be relevant and Shadix shouldn't have brought it up. But now that he did, let's not be dishonest.

If someone is good looking, and let's not pretend that this is purely subjective just because it isn't 100% objective, and if someone is charming have a huge effect on if something is considered awkward or inappropriate.

If some very attractive girl tries to touch me in an inappropriate way and after she does she says something in a charming way, I will feel that as flattery (even though i shouldn't, I probably can't help myself). In fact, this is what some females say after they get actually sexually harassed. There are going to be people that don't feel attractive because they never got groped, but they have friends that have been. That's the sad truth.

Now if some old awkward overweight ugly guy does the exact same touching to you or to the girl described in the OP, then that is received completely different.

I know there are people here that feel they are too old, not attractive enough, not fit enough, and you are deliberately mudding the water of this discussion 'to be nice'. But let's not deny the relevance of it. If you are physically attractive, you are held to different standards. Especially if you have some charming way to 'apologize' for what you did.

And it should be the females here, who are on the receiving end of this much more and have experience with this, who are being honest and explain this to me and Shadix.

Once we have established something is true but not desirable, we can actually do something about it.