View Single Post
abusedtoy

Member Since Nov 2017
59 hugs
given
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 05:13 AM

When I asked T about DID, she said that it is already inclusive in C-PTSD. I asked my psychiatrist, he said that in my case, my dissociative identities is part of C-PTSD already. So I would like to ask any dissociative people about this here?

Please see what is bolded below:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comple...tress_disorder

Repeated traumatization during childhood leads to symptoms that differ from those described for PTSD.[11] Cook and others describe symptoms and behavioural characteristics in seven domains:[12][13]

Attachment – "problems with relationship boundaries, lack of trust, social isolation, difficulty perceiving and responding to others' emotional states"
Biology – "sensory-motor developmental dysfunction, sensory-integration difficulties, somatization, and increased medical problems"
Affect or emotional regulation – "poor affect regulation, difficulty identifying and expressing emotions and internal states, and difficulties communicating needs, wants, and wishes"
Dissociation – "amnesia, depersonalization, discrete states of consciousness with discrete memories, affect, and functioning, and impaired memory for state-based events"
Behavioural control – "problems with impulse control, aggression, pathological self-soothing, and sleep problems"
Cognition – "difficulty regulating attention, problems with a variety of 'executive functions' such as planning, judgement, initiation, use of materials, and self-monitoring, difficulty processing new information, difficulty focusing and completing tasks, poor object constancy, problems with 'cause-effect' thinking, and language developmental problems such as a gap between receptive and expressive communication abilities."
Self-concept – "fragmented and disconnected autobiographical narrative, disturbed body image, low self-esteem, excessive shame, and negative internal working models of self".