View Single Post
amandalouise
Wise Elder

Member Since Mar 2009
885 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 20, 2018 at 06:09 PM

Im late to this thread so pardon me if I am saying anything that has already been said....

Abusedtoy..... I know you are trying to figure things out and it can be confusing... your first post is asking whether anyone has heard of cptsd being an umbrella diagnosis for a whole bunch of disorders. if I remember right you did ask this before in other threads. but considering you keep asking the same thing Im guessing the answers are getting are confusing you.

psych central has many people from all different places around the world.
each place around the world have their own rules for what is and isnt mental disorder. what is CPTSD in one place may not be in another place.

you are in australia I am in the USA...

here in the USA we do not have a mental disorder called CPTSD . so no CPTSD does not cover the things you are asking about... we have other mental disorder names for things that other people call CPTSD.

my suggestion is not worry about whether CPTSD in other locations covers what it does where you are. just go according to what your own treatment providers have told you.

if you dont believe your doctors and therapist, you can ask them to show you in their diagnosis books what CPTSD is in your location and whether it covers everything or not.
amandalouise is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
abusedtoy, RubyRae, Wild Coyote