View Single Post
Marylin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 21, 2018 at 09:57 AM

I am still anxious and worried about getting this PIP benefit,I have not heard from them yet,it has been two weeks,I am trying to stay positive.I have not been told that I have to have a face to face assessment,I requested a paper based assessment cos of the distress due to my mental ill health and my problems with mobility and needing a bathroom.My doctor requested if they do do an assessment to do it in my own home.The assessment is what worries me as others claiming this benefit have recounted horror stories of the assessor being nice and friendly then writing outright lies on their report to lose them points and refuse them the benefits.I told them on the form I don't trust the assessment process for this reason.I hope I won't need one.If I do I will tell them the truth and if they try to rob me of my entitlement I will challenge them all the way to the court tribunal to try and win my money back.I am trying to stay positive and it helps that I am resolved not to lie down and be walked all over if I don't get what I am due.
God is with me and will give me the strength to fight,obviously I hope it doesn't become necessary,we will see.The main thing is not to get defeated by the worry and fear and not to fall at the first or last hurdle.Most people who go to appeal win in their favour so we will see what happens.I could find it is a simple straightforwards process with no assessment and I get awarded what I am due with no hassle so lets wait and see and hope.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
hvert