View Single Post
Revu2
Grand Member

Member Since Aug 2013
4 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Mar 29, 2018 at 10:15 AM

Well, the rebel cause within my client has aligned with a counter-leader to begin a New Track in this project I'm working on.

I now face the challenge to managing the directing of the limited focus of 12 people on a dispersed team while this side business will begin to divide their attention.

Faced with this, but there really isn't a leak:
“If you don't make a total commitment to whatever you're doing then you start looking to bail out the first time the boat starts leaking. It's tough enough getting that boat to shore with everybody rowing, let alone when a guy stands up and starts putting his life jacket on.”
Lou Holtz Jr.

Some of the crew can't see land as they imagine (or don't imagine) it and want something different.
  1. I'll Standby (among other options like Stand Up, Stand Out, Stand Down, or Stand Aside).
  2. I'll let them roll as they will. I'll face the predictable confusions and questions about the team's work overload by recasting the facts.
  3. I'll do my part, and just my part. My time and hands are full enough with my original commitment. Which is going well, naturally.
  4. I recognize the project lead doesn't perceive how he undermines his commitment to my approach he made when he hired me.
  5. I sleep soundly.
Revu2

Revu2 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote