View Single Post
Aviza
Magnate

Member Since Jan 2013
86 hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 05, 2018 at 10:37 AM

My car needs repairs regularly. My brother says when the engine goes put in a new one because the tranny is newer and most of the rest of the car has been repaired.

But now the wheels are grinding, so I have to take it in again. I take it in often. Last time the wheel fell off because of rust. Under car rust is now causing problems with the car but this time I'm getting it looked at prior to a wheel falling off (hopefully) dropping it off tonight.

The car is a good car for the most part, rust has been cleaned up by my mom's now deceased husband, it drives fine most of the time. Just today heard a grinding noise, hoping it's ice but I'm sure it's the car. But these constant repairs are getting to me. I had a newer used car I was paying monthly for, the repairs are almost like a car payment. I don't think I go a month without some kind of work needing to be done.

When do you decide to give up on a car vs. keep repairing it. My brother of course won't let me give up on this car, it's his baby that he figures can be driven forever. It has 205K miles on it.

It is in my name now. New tires, new brakes, new tranny, new radio, new struts, the car honestly looks nice because sometimes I see it and don't realize is a 2003. I like the car, it's big car, can really haul stuff, though the doors freeze every morning, it's parked outside and because of the rust repairs the doors are often frozen shut and I cannot open them. Thankfully the driver's door opens for me with some effort. I don't use the rest of the doors usually just wanted to haul trash today and couldn't because the frozen doors, they'll be thawed out this afternoon and I can haul it down (tomorrow is trash day).

Aviza is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote