Thread: Texting
View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Apr 05, 2018 at 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by healinginprogress View Post
Maybe we're talking about two different things here. Maybe I'm assuming no one abuses that communication style and maybe you're assuming everyone does? Regardless, it is on the T to create their own boundaries.
There is some validity to this. You are right. I assume that there are far more persons misusing this form of communication than those who do not. One only need read these forums to come to that appalling conclusion.

i should also point out that I know some of which I speak. My father's line of business had the phone going off at all hours and through the night as people gave no thought to his time - nor ours - and only thought to their own needs and problems. I did not have a very close relationship with my father as it seemed my time with him was cut short because everyone else's time was so important. I still feel that I took a back seat on account of the constant and lengthy interruptions of needy people giving no thought to the ramifications of their actions. Thus I admit I have a great deal of resentment over the very thought that people do just this.

Again, I stress that people consider the true weight of their perceived need and problem before texting or emailing. Is this a matter that can wait until tomorrow morning? If it isn't then I suggest contacting a mobile crisis line or a visit to the hospital is far more appropriate.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote