View Single Post
justafriend306

Default Apr 11, 2018 at 07:37 AM

There is such a thing called a supportive criticism which namely is an attempt to get a person to see and acknowledge that their point of view and actions might be hurting them. This was entirely my suggestion. I see something concerning, and in an effort to actually be helpful, have made an attempt to point this out. Being supportive is not necessarily the offering of hugs and agreement. Being supportive is also encouraging someone to look at alternate sides to an issue and pointing out for acknowledgement that one's thinking might be flawed.

I stress that when one posts a thread, they do so at the risk of garnering varying responses including those of disagreement. This is what creating a discussion is about. This is how discourse works. If it is your mindset to not have points of iew counter to your own then perhaps creating a thread in the first place might not be a good idea.

Back to the matter at hand... yes, I do feel strongly that you are obsessed about this. Yes I do believe it has reached unhealthy proportions. I suggest you talk to a professional about this.
  Reply With QuoteReply With Quote