Legendary Wise Elder

Member Since Oct 2004
14.7k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Default Apr 13, 2018 at 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruby2011 View Post
I'm scared that whoever else I look up to in the future will also turn on me. Everyone I ever looked up to (without exception) has already rejected me. Oh well, at least they all used to like me. That's a plus.
Change the way YOU ACT when you look up to someone & this won't happen again. If you continue to behave toward people you "look up to" the same way you have BEHAVED in the past, the results will be exactly the same. YOU are the one that has to change if you expect the future to be different than the past.. YOUR BEHAVIOR is the common denominator between all the past ways you have been treated.

Until you are willing to understand YOUR RESPONSIBILITY in those situations this will continue on through your life because you blame everyone else withput taking YOUR OWN RESPONSIBILITY for what has happened to you.

You said in past posts that your parents let yiu get awsy with whatever you wanted....SOCIETY doesn't do that & shouldn't do that. People need to learn to be responsible for how they interface with others. This is something you NEED TO LEARN. You are no longer that child whose parents let you do whatever you felt like doing....time to become RESPONSIBLE for your behaviors no matter how difficult it is to do with ASD.

I understand it is difficult as I lived around a dad & a husband both with ASD for a total of 54 years of my life before I left for my OWN well being & mental health. I also see how my H's refusal to learn has destroyed his life & is abiut to end up homeless because of it & hurt me badly financially. Behaviors like thst are NOT acceptable in society just because he will not learn unless someone forces him to behave in an acceptable way. I am no longer there to force anything & he is on his own to mess up his life or not based in the choices & behaviors he chooses. Don't let it get to that point in your life....LEARN NOW before it gets worse.....& stop blaming others for behavior choices yiu have made & the consequences that come from them

Leo's favorite place was in the passenger seat of my truck. We went everywhere together like this.
Leo my soulmate will live in my heart FOREVER Nov 1, 2002 - Dec 16, 2018
eskielover is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote