Marylin
Grand Magnate

Member Since Feb 2015
863 hugs
given
Default Apr 27, 2018 at 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by possum220 View Post
It's a wise thing to get a copy of the assessment. That will give you understanding of why they made the decision. Maybe if you could show it to your p'doc/therapist and get them to write your actual capacity.

Deejay has some very good points.

Being proactive helps us to take some control back. When you find yourself being overwhelmed try to check back in with the actual facts. 1. Facts are they did deny your initial claim. 2. You are going to check what the assessment said. 3. You are going to get another opinion from your care providers. 4. Ask for something in writing from your care providers. 5. Nothing has been finalized yet. 6. Until it is then there is still hope.

The whole process is very stressful. No denying that. Try and distract yourself when you find yourself worrying. Cleaning is something to channel your energies into. Plus that is positive and you can feel better about your space. Watching movies or reading a book. What else do you like to do? Make a list of what you like to do and do at least one thing per day

Hang in there.
Thanks for taking the time to support me.I tend to sink to the depths when things aren't going my way in life,I am in shock tonight but your advice is good.Just because they are halving my monthly income doesn't mean I should let everything around me go to pot and neglect myself and my home and become even more ill.I can fight to get back what I am entitled to and look around see if any people can help.I will get in touch with MIND and email my MP see if he can help...I feel like crying but that is no reason to give up.If anything I know that if they don't award me that that isn't a fair decision so I will have to fight the injustice of that.
Marylin is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
possum220