View Single Post
GlitterWolf

Member Since Apr 2016
12 hugs
given
Default Apr 30, 2018 at 03:28 AM

Hi,
Not sure what to do. I haven't seen my relatives for years. I live 100's miles away and don't own a car so I can't visit them. My relatives, who all have cars, have never come to see me. Perhaps they're busy, I always promised to go on a train or plane to see them but ended up not able to do this because of no funds. I had a child, and none of them came up to see. No relative of mine has seen my little one and she's 11 years old now. My grandmother and I have often stayed in touch but our relationship has always been strained. I was not her favourite grandchild and she didn't like me very much when I was a kid.
Sorry its taking long. But my grandfather died 2 years ago and none of them told me about when the funeral was. I mentioned it to my grandmother on the phone and she quickly changed the subject. Some relatives deleted me as a Facebook friend after I confronted my grandmother about things.
Anyway last year I was able to visit them and I told my grandmother that my daughter and I can visit over the Summer holidays. She basically told me that I can't come down there because "lightbulbs aren't working". She said she'll let me know when I can go and visit them all.
None of them have made any effort to come and see me, now I chose to see them, they didn't want me down there. I've decided to cut ties completely from them all. I haven't spoken to my grandmother since last September and she started to make me feel guilty about things I did misbehaving as a kid. I haven't sent them any cards. Now grandmother didn't send my daughter a birthday card this year. Just because she doesn't like me it doesn't mean she should take it out on my child.
Also to elaborate my grandmother has done so much for my cousins its unbelievable, helping them to move into their house, helping them wih their weddings, being there for them, giving them money, ect. but I don't exist.
Also other relatives have made fun of me since I was a kid. As for my parents, my dad passed away and my mother disowned me when I was a kid. I make it sound like I was a monstrous kid but I wasn't, I was shy and sufferred illnesses.
Am I wrong to ignore them?
GlitterWolf is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
Bill3, katydid777, MickeyCheeky, mote.of.soul, Shazerac, Wild Coyote