View Single Post
pat86

Member Since Apr 2018
Default May 03, 2018 at 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano97 View Post
Everyone is different of course but I started having improvements several weeks in. I don't remember exactly how we did the dosing but think I went to 300XR + 100 regular the second or third week. Big-time improvement.

Tweaked dose some as I was still having some cycling. Winter was some rough times and upped dose more. Cleared up some (no doubt partly from Spring, as everyone does), then basically was over-sedated and stuck in a fog. Pulling back some now the last couple months and I'm doing everything I can behaviorally to help myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by piano97 View Post
No problem, glad to share experience. Yep, give it some time. Take as good care of yourself as you can in the meantime. Nutrition, exercise, hygiene etc. Sounds like you are slowing back down after an up period. I think it will help level you back out, and hopefully can stay or as close to as possible. Glad you are sleeping, is one of the most important things.

What did you notice improvements in after a couple weeks ? what areas? was it just mania or other areas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by still_crazy View Post
hi. seroquel acts as a sedating antihistamine at all doses, the "antipsychotic" dose requires a couple hundred mgs/day. I seem to recall reading that doses as low as 150mgs/day improved scores in some forms of depression (I'm guessing the agitated depressives). in addition to the dopamine-blocking, tranquilizer stuff, seroquel is metabolized into an additional chemical that does some kind of antidepressant thing, too.

anyway...point is...the sedation and anti-agitation, anti-anxiety effect is immediate and should last throughout treatment. do you have voices, paranoia, etc.? those can take longer to treat, and sometimes require higher doses. or....not. thing about tranquilizers/"antipsychotics" is...dosing varies -wildly- from person to person, even in the same diagnostic group. so, one "schizophrenic" might only need 1mgs/Haldol (or equivalent), while another "Schizophrenic" might need 10mgs/Haldol (or equivalent), and the "Bipolar I" person in the group might need 2.5mgs/Haldol.

personal advice...try to keep your dose as low as you can, while getting the effect you need. less is more, especially with the neuroleptics.
I don't hear voices but family members have reacted to me several times when I have a lot of anxiety and have said I am acting or thinking paranoid about things or overact to things and have paranoia mixed in with the angry, anxiety, over reacting part of my bi polar if that makes sense.

I read people have seen improvement in these areas such as anxiety or anger with only doses of 75mg . Some of those people suffered from Homicidal ideation. Currently I am taking 200mg at night for about a week or two. The most immediate improvement I saw was deeper sleep , sleeping well for a solid 8 hours. Getting to sleep is still hard and difficult to slow down my mind and racing thoughts.

I have also seen improvement in hyper sexuality decreasing. I swear I had a chemical imbalance in my brain that was causing me to almost compulsively have too high of a libido every day. And almost immediately after taking seroquel at 100mg or high seem to calm down that imbalance in my brain.
pat86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote