View Single Post
pat86

Member Since Apr 2018
Default May 04, 2018 at 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucson View Post
I am not neccessarily talking about anyone here, including the OP, but many use their condition as an excuse to try out weed to get high. I think a great many do. Anyways, from my research, it’s the non psychoactive CBD part that helps with depression. I was told this by the largest distributor of weed in the state of Michigan. She has pdocs working for her. This is why I listen to her. So when I see a person focuses on the THC part alone, then this tells me that they want to get high. Now this is not something I can judge being good or bad. It is a personal choice. I am just making an observation here. Also many pdocs want their patient not to be on weed while they continue as a patient. Once they find out, they drop you as their patient for what is IMO good reason. There are other ways than this to get to sleep.

Now that I have said all of that, I will also say that I personally have thought on and off of trying out weed, specifically the CBD part. I think it comes in the form of pills. But if I need to, I will smoke the stuff if it will help me. But instead I do really want to take it as a pill or concentrate. Why smoke it when it is not necessary?

Tucson ,

I have fought against using any kind of drug other then prescription drugs my whole life. I am 31 and have never smoked pot or any drug or even alcohol to be very honest and frank.

I always stayed away from those things and fought to only use prescription drugs my whole life. Recently in the past 3 years I have tried over 25 different meds with my doctor and not gotten anywhere. In fact many of the medications I have tried have caused me to have suicidal ideation and extreme guilt and shame from either side effects or withdrawl from things like paxil, cymbalta , and ambien. I have read about people who actually did commit suicide trying to come off those drugs.

I don't know about you but I am tired of spinning my wheels and going no where except horrible side effects which end up making me worse then when I started.

My doctor is $200 for half an hour and I have had to see him several times a year for the past three years. So I have spent a lot of money and time trying to find solutions with prescription medications.

I am looking into Medical Cannabis as it was suggested by my family . It was not my idea. But they are concerned that I have tried so many medications and not gotten anywhere and are very concerned about how some of these medications make me appear or act with the side effects.

So they suggested I try something different that is not shown to have side effects and many people swear by it and it has proven to help people when nothing else does.

Also if you talk to a doctor who is familiar with medical cannabis you can take CBD oil along with the medical cannabis to counteract the high so you don't get high at all just the medical benefits of the CBD.

All I am trying to do is get good sleep, reduce my anxiety and help with my bipolar.

I am in no way looking for a quick fix to get high.
pat86 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
MiMilove