Legendary
Community Liaison

Member Since Jun 2016
70.9k hugs
given
PC PoohBah!
Heart May 04, 2018 at 09:16 PM

Hi Rainbow8,

I have dealt with chronic pain for many years.
I was also on blood thinners for 3 years.
My rheumatologist and my PCP both agreed/recommended I go on morphine for the pain, especially because I could not take NSAIDs while on blood thinners. While morphine can be helpful, it really does not touch inflammatory pain.

It does sound like you need testing you've mentioned. Are you able to get it?

I have found a topical very helpful for arthritis and for nerve pain. It is called Penetrex. It is available through Walmart, through Amazon and through Penetrex.com.

Another topical some people like is called "lidocaine." It is available at 4% concentration over-the-counter. It is available by prescription at 5% concentration.

There have been times when I have used both of these topicals when in severe pain. The Penetrex works on inflammation (thereby quieting the pain) while the lidocaine works on numbing the pain temporarily.

I have also, at times, had a compounding pharmacist make a topical pain reliever. It was very effective and very expensive... much more expensive than either of the other topicals I have mentioned here.

I am mentioning these from my own experience. I am not a health professional.

I hope I have mentioned something which might be helpful to you.
Please keep posting.

Blessings,

WC

Hugs from:
rainbow8

Thanks for this!
Candy1955, Gus1234U, rainbow8