Gr3tta_0
Grand Member

Member Since Apr 2017
857 hugs
given
Default May 09, 2018 at 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Day Tripper View Post
Oh I was just having fun. There is no infinity stone that makes all men disappear. There is a comic series called Y: The Last Man though where every creature with a Y chromosome dies except a man and his monkey. The world first goes into chaos, then women try to pull it together. Meanwhile, York, the last man (Shakespeare reference) travels to try and understand what the hell happened to all the men. He has a body guard, who he falls in love with, and other women join his group, but the cause of what happened to the Y chromosome is open textured as one reads the books. Is the cause, religious, scientific, moral? That's part of what i love about the books, they have the reader play with the different causes, meanwhile bad people are trying to seize control and stop order. There's an iconic scene early on at the George Washington monument that i found interesting. Also York is an interesting character, he's very passive as an individual like Don Juan who has feminine characteristics, and out of all the women out there in the world who want him he can't get his mind off the single women who broke his heart just before the epidemic. It's both a epic, tragic and comedic like all great books, well balanced.
Warning: off topic, sorry! But this reminds me, two of the psychiatric nurses where i work are men, and they have license plates on their cars that say, " XY RN 1" and "XY RN 2" ...I just thoughtthis was funny/clever
Gr3tta_0 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote