View Single Post
skatkats

Member Since Feb 2018
3 hugs
given
Default May 09, 2018 at 10:52 PM

Chronic pain! I have degenerative disk disease and that sciatica is hell. I had a partial discetomy when I was 22 and that relieved the pain for years. 30’s came and I was doing general labor work and inflammmed more disks. Latest MRI shows a small bulging disk. Ortho wants to do surgery with pins and screws, I just had a cervical fusion in my neck last year, two plates and six screws....... it was with that our lose use of my left arm. Recovery from that surgery was miserable hell to say the least. So many pain pills and I dont want to be taking pain pills the rest of my life and I refuse to let them cut me in my lower back. The only way I have been able to deal with it is ibuprofen which in large doses is no good. So I have that and Zubsolv, the new suboxone. That is the only way I can deal with the chronic pain is buprnorphine. You have to go to a suboxone clinic to get a script. Generally the visit is $200 then the meds......if no insurance you are screwed as a month supply costs at the very least $700. This is the only thing I have found to deal with chronic pain and the medication is EXTREMEMLY addictive. Once you are on it for a period of time and you want to come off........expect hell. Other than that, it does work. Expensive as hell without insurance. My script is $10 per month w/insurance plus the $200 doctor visit. Otherwise, $200 + $700-$900 for the monthly script.
skatkats is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
MDDBPDPTSD, rainbow8, Wild Coyote

Thanks for this!
Gus1234U, MDDBPDPTSD, rainbow8, Wild Coyote