View Single Post
Confusedxx

Member Since Apr 2018
Default May 17, 2018 at 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TishaBuv View Post
I’m not sure about judging, but people don’t trust people with addictions because the pull of the addiction is so strong that they are likely to do bad things in order to supply it.

Congratulations on staying sober!

I wouldn't say I am totally sober, but I am definitely working towards not ever binge drinking again. But thank you I don't know how I can separate "judging" and "trust". I had a friend who ended up addicted to heroin. She started breaking into cars, constantly asking for money, etc. I tried to help her, and I loaned her money to get her license back under the stipulation she was to begin to search for a job. Payback wasn't totally necessary, but she needed to start working and pay for me when we went out sometimes. I found out later she was "upset" over the fact I had pushed her to work and was complaining about me shortly after to a mutual friend.. She got fired from her next two jobs for being late and I haven't spoken to her since.

So do I judge addicts? Yes, I do. Do I support them if they want help? Yes, I do. IMO you have to judge an addict to a degree or they wont ever feel the need to get help. Knowing what these people behave like I would be very hesitant to welcome one into my life and I would be very cautious about helping a friend/family member through addiction.
Confusedxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote