View Single Post
cryingontheinside
Magnate

Member Since Jul 2014
Default May 17, 2018 at 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Confusedxx View Post
It depends on the person with the addiction. There are people that want help, and willing to get it, and know they have issues stopping. Then there are mothers who will leave their children to go out and prostitute themselves to support their heroin addiction in the middle of the night.

Stopping can be difficult, and I don't judge a person for having trouble stopping. But where does the line draw? When does someone have to have sympathy, and then when are we allowed to not feel so bad? How about mothers(or fathers) who drive drunk with their children? Alcoholics who beat their partners while drunk?

Don't get me wrong, I am addicted to alcohol...but judging myself for doing it is one of the ways I am able to control and stop it. If I don't judge and feel "sympathy" for myself because it is hard to stop I will drink again.
Judging someone's bad behaviour is one thing . I get that . But judging a person for the act of drinking or using drugs to an extreme extent , assuming they are scum when that's not nessassarily true is what gets me . When I was taking drugs I was below scum to my family and one or two members still think I am scum for the fact that I took that particular type of drugs even though they took other drugs which they consider more exeptable . I did not harm any body or steal . I may of degraded my self privately . But never went out of my way or hurt anyone . I am not scum . People are not scum if they use . People that do bad things to others is one thing . But labelling all people because of a drug or alcohol is wrong . I am not a bad person. People use alcahol or drugs for various reasons that we can't cope with . They need help . Then again there are some that don't or will never want help in their life . They may have their reasons for that . I just don't like the generalising of all people who drink / take drugs assuming they will all do really bad things which is not the case always .
cryingontheinside is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Hugs from:
mote.of.soul