View Single Post
Confusedxx

Member Since Apr 2018
Default May 17, 2018 at 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryingontheinside View Post
Judging someone's bad behaviour is one thing . I get that . But judging a person for the act of drinking or using drugs to an extreme extent , assuming they are scum when that's not nessassarily true is what gets me . When I was taking drugs I was below scum to my family and one or two members still think I am scum for the fact that I took that particular type of drugs even though they took other drugs which they consider more exeptable . I did not harm any body or steal . I may of degraded my self privately . But never went out of my way or hurt anyone . I am not scum . People are not scum if they use . People that do bad things to others is one thing . But labelling all people because of a drug or alcohol is wrong . I am not a bad person. People use alcahol or drugs for various reasons that we can't cope with . They need help . Then again there are some that don't or will never want help in their life . They may have their reasons for that . I just don't like the generalising of all people who drink / take drugs assuming they will all do really bad things which is not the case always .
I agree, you aren't scum just for doing drugs. Neither am I for drinking. I never went out of my way to hurt anyone. I guess for people it is hard to not associate the very bad people who do these things with the people who truly want help and just can't stop. I get up, go to work, try to help others...but sometimes I just can't control myself and I go and drink alcohol. Not one drink, but 20 +. I have been kicked out of bars, fallen, etc. Sometimes I just can't stop.

I do however think that people like the ones I have mentioned above ARE scum, and the scum is the reason why good people who run into problems are tormented more so. There are plenty of alcoholics, heroin addicts, cocaine addicts, etc...all who suffer in silence.
Confusedxx is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote

Thanks for this!
cryingontheinside