View Single Post
MDDBPDPTSD
Veteran Member

MDDBPDPTSD has no updates.

10 yr Member
249 hugs
given
Default May 20, 2018 at 06:35 AM

I too am currently considering this TMS (transcranial Magnetic Stimulation) treatment. My pdoc recommended ECT, but I refuse to even consider that. In looking into the TMS, I also found a direct current therapy that is based on the same principle as TMS, but the current is not as strong. You can even do it at home. There are various manufacturers that sell the device and even instructional videos on YouTube on how to make your own! It is very well received in the UK now. The device I am looking at is called the Fisher Wallace and it is priced at 1/10 of the cost of one course of TMS treatment.
I don’t know what to try next. The TMS or the Fisher Wallace thing.

By the way, the statistics are not quite as your doctor told you with TMS. 50% of people have some improvement in their condition. 50% do not have any improvement. A large percentage of those who have improvement seem to go into a remission and no longer have depression! Most of the improved patients (70%) do need to come back and have “booster” treatments but they are just a couple times and not everyday for 6 weeks. So the odds are not as good as you were told, but still a 50/50 shot is not bad.